Sunday, October 5, 2008

St. Faustina

Really, this first week of October is Catholic Saints All-Star week!

Today is the feast day of the holy mystic who brough us the Divine Mercy devotion, Sister M. Faustina of the Blessed Sacrament, a young, meek, physically weak Polish nun who was a spiritual powerhouse. Like St. Therese, she was committed to the salvation of souls, and received Divine inspiration from our Lord...
From her diary on February 22, 1931:

“In the evening, when I was in my cell, I saw the Lord Jesus clothed in a white garment. One hand [was] raised in the gesture of blessing, the other was touching the garment at the breast. From beneath the garment, slightly drawn aside at the breast, there were emanating two large rays, one red, the other pale...After a while, Jesus said to me, Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: Jesus, I trust in You (page 47).
I want this image…to be solemnly blessed on the first Sunday after Easter; that Sunday is to be the feast of my Mercy (page 49).”


“By means of this Image I shall be granting many graces to souls” (page 570).

Pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet right at your computer - see link at sidebar!

No comments: