Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prayers for Phillip Johnson

For those of you who may have missed this young man's story, which I've been following thanks to a tip from Cavey, it's worth taking a few minutes to read about what's going on in his life and juxtapose it against what going on in yours.

Phillip, a 25 year-old Naval Officer, learned in October learned that he has an inoperable brain tumor, roughly the size of a lime. Scroll to the oldest of his posts for more detail. His reflections on his vocation, his illness, and his journey toward embracing God's will in his life will bring a tear to your eye.

Please remember this brave young man - and, God willing, future priest - in your prayers

4 comments:

Kasia said...

I had to stop reading...can't cry at work too much or they'll think I'm loopy...

Thank you for posting that. I definitely could use the perspective.

a thorn in the pew said...

I will need to read later but I had to work school cafeteria with a migraine(still have) so I will offer that up. I read a bit of his journey before. Thanks for the link.

Adrienne said...

I think he's still awaiting his test results. We can pray.

P.S. Thanks for the "heads up". I fixed the link. Don't have any idea of why you weren't there. Forgive me...

ukok said...

I too have been following Philip's story, i pray it will end well.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!