Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stayin' Alive

I know it's been a bit light of late, but never fear...just checking in with a few quick items/deep thoughts:

1. I miss the Beloved. A lot. Not just for his Boy wrangling and missing keys/gloves/sunglasses/shoe finding skills, although those are both legendary and necessary. He is by far the better half of this relationship.

[I am currently missing one each of my blue and brown Birk clogs. Anyone have any ideas?]

2. I adore the Princess-Athlete couple. They are so darling together, they are very comfy and companionable, and they're nigh inseparable...but they maintain the "just very good friends" pretense at school. This annoys me. I shouldn't really care so long as they are happy, but it really bugs me. And it comes from my child and her hypersensitivity about what others think. WHO CARES?!? But she's only 15, so it matters to her. A lot.

3. Speaking of the Princess, we spent yesterday and today running between the doc and the hospital ruling out appendicitis. The Athlete heard she'd left school complaining of right-side abdominal pain and was at the hospital within 5 minutes of hearing she'd been sent there. He said not a word, but came in and sat at her side, holding her hand (kissed it a few times, too) as we waited for blood draws and abdominal scans.

4. Why am I always so busy if I am supposed to be a stay at home mom now? WTF[rig]*? I didn't even have a chance to go to Mass today. I think I may safely say that the Boy took care of things and anointed me himself...at one point, I looked in the mirror and realized I had yogurt smeared on my forehead and in my hair.

5. I've decided to give up sugar for Lent. Splenda is fine for the tea and coffee, but I'm already feeling like a feral animal getting ready to prowl the aisles of the local convenience store and fell a few Snickers bars under the pretense of going there to grab a gallon of milk. (Me = lioness; Snickers = unfortunate wayward gazelle)

6. * In addition to sugar, I promised our little Therese I'd be better about cussing. Between that and no sugar...$%^&*(^%^&*!!!

7. I have a chest cold on top of everything else. Mucinex, I love you.

That is all.

11 comments:

X said...

May you have a holy and profitable Lent!

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Prayers that you feel better Kit.

I know the feeling of missing the beloved. Mine doesn't seem to find me till Friday, but I know I'm in her thoughts and such. I'm praying for your beloved's saftey and quick return

2. I understand why the Princess and the Athlete are maintaining the "just friends" line at school. If things were anything like they were when I was in HS (which wasn't all that long ago), when I just liked a girl, everyone on campus knew, (and I didn't say anything), and we're talking 2400 kids, lol. Looking back I shouldn't of cared, but image is everything.

Prayers for the princess as well.

Larry Denninger said...

No sugar AND no cussing? Kit, you are one brave woman. I'll be praying for the safety of your kids :-)

Hope the Princess is feeling better.

You're in my prayers. (as well as the Beloved)

Now as for the missing clog...no clue. Sorry!

Kasia said...

The Mystery of the Missing Clogs...

I have several suggestions:
- under the couch/chair
- under the bed
- wherever The Boy likes to hide things

I know 100% how you feel with the feral animal thing - I gave up pop for Lent a couple of years ago. Canuck persuaded me to rethink it a week or two in. I was vile. Savage. And it was just pop - not even all sugar.

Still praying for you and the Beloved (and adding the Princess until you find out what's going on)...

ignorant redneck said...

--As for the missing clogs: i suspect Nargles.

--as for the cute young couple: Don't marry because you love someone, marry someone you like and can pull with. The love will follow, and you won't mistake hormones for love.

--No sugar and No cussing...Will be be reading about you? "She was a quiet woman, right up until about a week after Ash wednesday..."

ignorant redneck said...

BTW--my cousin and her husband were much like your two...they've been married their whole lives, and are pushing 60!

Packrat said...

Amen to all above. :) I truly hope Princess is okay. I'm so glad that CT scans and blood tests are available before surgery is performed. Missing shoes - offer reward(s) to the one(s) who finds them? No sugar? Eat lots of fresh or dried fruit? (Says I who would probably murder someone if I couldn't have sugar.) Oh, I guess be glad that the young couple is "cooling it" at school. I guess I'm an old fuddy-duddy, but I dislike seeing kissing and such in the schools. (We weren't even allowed to hold hands when I was in school and that was public school.) Get over that cold soon. :)

Jane Lebak said...

I have no clue about the rest, but ask your guardian angel about the location of the clogs, because presumably s/he was there when you lost them.

Jane Lebak said...

I have no clue about the rest, but ask your guardian angel about the location of the clogs, because presumably s/he was there when you lost them.

Anonymous said...

Have a good Lent Kit and get rid of that cold.
The lovely couple seem to be doing well. It's so romantic because they are trying to keep the 'just good friends' thing. Bless 'em.

Giving up sugar...easy. Giving up cussing-oooh girl you picked a doozy!(chortle)

The Digital Hairshirt said...

Oh, Kit!

I wish I could fly out there right now and help you look for your clog!

Digi