Saturday, August 23, 2008

St. Christina The Astonishing

More to entertain you while I am entertaining others...

Further to my lingerie-hoisting cheerleading child's recent gaffe, and because I can't find anything more specific, I have decided to select St. Christina the Astonishing as my personal Patron Saint of Abject Humiliation.


Click on the link for a quick synopsis. Fascinating story. She certainly found herself in a number of seemingly awkward situations. She is a patroness of the mentally ill and is depicted surrounded by branches with unkempt hair (like me, after a day of yardwork!). Here, she's climbed to the topmost branches of a tree to get away from the stench of sin. -->

Credit for this lovely tryptich panel: http://www.cynthialarge.com/. She has some close-ups and details of the work. Really interesting!

No comments: