Monday, January 7, 2008

Because I love Jesus...

...and because Fr. R. over at Orthometer gets due deference....my response to the "no-name meme" is as follows:

1. Do you wear a name tag at work? No! In order to ensure this would never be the case, I pay monthly law school loan installments that exceed most peoples' mortgage payments

2. What kind of car do you drive? A distinguished (ok OLD!) BMW 740 and/or Volvo XC wagon

3. What do you order when you go to Taco Bell? One bean burrito, sans onion, sour cream added and one of those fried caramel apple pandita (?) things

4. Have you ever had a garage sale? Yes, it was expected in military housing

5. What color is your iPod? U2 special edition, baby! (Red & black)

6. What kind of dog do you have? Golden Retard and Yellow Labradork (well meaning, gentle and sweet but stoo-pid..."no, WE did not get into the garbage that's all over the kitchen...it was the baby....yeah, that's the ticket....oh crap! He can't walk yet?!?")

7. What's for dinner tonight? Ask my husband...he has it "all planned out" (YAY!)

8. What is the last alcoholic beverage you had? Chianti -- Ruffino, I think?

9. Stupidest thing you ever did with your cell phone? Got into a text war with some stupid skanky teenaged girl who was sure I was her boyfriend, then her boyfriend's new girlfriend, and then I had my Assistant DA friend end it all....awesome....

10. Last time you were sick? Oy. The September "back to school cold" that the kids always get. I know it is only a matter of time before the January version hits.

11. How long is your hair? Collarbone-ish

12. Are you happy right now? Sure. Ask me again later -- I will get my weathervane out.

13. What did you say last? "Oooh! Do you see the kitty cat? The bad, bad kitty cat cat cat?" (Hey -- I have an infant!!!)

14. Who came over last? Aside from the mailman? I think my husband's cousins right after Christmas. (Pathetic, I know...)

15. Do you drink beer? Yes, the darker the better out of respect to my German & Irish forebears.

16. Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted? I honestly can't recall...but I was always told that I look so much like my dad, it would never have worked. (FYI, Dad was VERY PRETTY)

17. What is your favorite key chain on your keys? Little leather sandal that says "Assissi" from our trip there a few years ago.

18. What did you get for graduation? HS: matched luggage (a.k.a., get the he** out!); college: mom's used Nissan Sentra; law school: bought myself a Coach briefcase -- also got some flowers from my lawyer uncle.

19. Whats in your pocket? Yoga pants have no pockets

20. Who introduced you to Dane Cook? SNL. Not a fan.

21. Has someone ever made you a Build-A-Bear? No. But I have spent stupid sums of money on a few "$12" bears that somehow required $80 worth of accessories. Each. That place is tied for "#1 Most Evil Parent Trap "with Chuck-E-Cheese...

22. What DVD is in your DVD player? Into Great Silence, which I finally watched last night (or maybe Bear in the Big Blue House by now)

23. What's something fun you did today? Stayed home with the baby instead of doing an arbitration brief. Priorities.

24. Who is/was the principal of your high school? Tom Howard.

25. Has your house ever been TP'd? Here, no. Growing up, yes (sports event related)

26.What do you think of when you hear the word "meow"? "Bad, bad kitty cat cat cat"

27. What are you listening to right now? The Baroque classical channel on XM Radio

28. Drinking? Nothing. Yet.

29. What is your favorite aisle at Wal-Mart? Heebie-jeebies aside...I only go there for baby formula in emergencies (you'd have to see our rural upstate WalMart clientele to fully appreciate that it is not merely snobbery, but public health and safety issues that send me to Target)

30. When is your mom's birthday? December 24

31. When is your birthday? March 23 (Easter!)

32. What's the area code for your cell phone? 619 (old habits die hard...)

33. Where did you buy the shirt you're wearing now? Margaritaville (online)

34. Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror? College faculty parking permit

35. How many states in the US have you been to? All but 7 (I've been to Alaska and Hawaii, but not places like the Dakotas, for example)

36. What kind of milk do you drink? 1%

37. What are you going to do after this? Find out what the beloved is making for dinner - now I am hungry after doing this

38. Who was the last person you went shopping with? My 13 year old

39. What is your favorite fruit? You can't beat the versatility of the banana (again with the hungry...)

40. What about your favorite dessert? Oooh. Tough one. Up until recently, there'd have to be chocolate involved, but at the moment, I'd have to say warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream

41. What is something you need to go shopping for? A new vehicle. Not sure what yet.

42. Do you have the same name as one of your relatives? Middle name is for mom, first name is all my own.

43. What kind of car does one of your siblings drive? Distinguished (OLD!) BMW 5-series.

44. Do you like pickles? Yes, but not the sweet ones.

45. How about olives? As long as they are not out of a can.

46. What is your favorite kind of gum? Orbit sweet mint (only occasionally, and NEVER in church!)

47. What is your favorite kind of juice? Freshly squeezed orange. Preferably mixed with moderately priced champagne.

48. Do you have any tan lines? Ummmm....hello. January. Upstate NY. (Maybe if I ski this season, I will have them from my sunglasses?)

49. What hospital were you born in? Dude, I was born at Woodstock! (OK...the one in Illinois...1968)

No comments: