Sunday, December 7, 2008

Helo Mom Dispatch #8 - Heavenward

Our stupid cable phone service has been down for 2 days. Most aggravating. The Princess is allotted a budget of $15/month for her cell phone. So she borrows mine, and (DUH!) rather than calling the boy, she texted to him all day. I had no idea - I didn't hear speaking, so I figured she'd left him a message.

She showed me the following text [I have supplied full words for the txt-challenged like me...]:

I know it will take time for you to trust me, and for you to know that my intentions toward you are pure and honorable. But for now, know that I pray each day for your trust, and by God, if I get it, I will make sure never to lose it or cause you to regret it.

[Take THAT, o jaded Beloved!]

I'm saving that exchange for posterity....or perhaps as evidence....on my phone.

One more bit of cuteness - because he now has my cell number, he let me know that my personal ringtone is Queen Latifah - "When You're Good to Mama" - from Chicago.

If Mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...

2 comments:

Fr. Erik Richtsteig said...

Now for the real question. Is this boy a Catholic?

Kit said...

Well, that's an excellent question Padre - just discovered this past week that he's Cathodist. Methodist dad, Catholic mom, goes to Catholic HS, and to one or both churches each weekend. We don't know what his sacramental status is, however.

The girl and I discussed it and she shrugged it off..."if he wants to be with me, he'll convert. You can sponsor him. Not a problem."

The matter-of-factness was a little scary. She's got that boy bagged and tagged.

Also a little scary (for him): she said she was going to "scope him out" at the school Mass today to see if he took Communion. If so, fine. If not, "we'll have to discuss matters in more detail, won't we..."